Lighthouses

 
Juminda Lighthouse
The lighthouse at the northers part of the Juminda Peninsula on the northern coast helps ships navigate. The first carbide lamp was installed in 1931, the new 24 m standard lighthouse with a 2 m diameter was built in 1937, this lighthouse was 32 metres above the sea level. As the lighthouse was...
Suurupi lighthouses
The Suurupi rear lighthouse  was completed in 1760. The height of its light was approx. 40 metres from the sea level and 16 metres from the foot of the tower. In 1944, the lighthouse was hit by a shell, but it was restored in 1951; during the restoration, the tower also gained in height. The...
Naissaar Lighthouse
The island of Naissaar has been the seamark for vessels traveling towards Tallinn over the Gulf of Finland for a long time. In 1788, the first wooden lighthouses were built in the northern and southern tips of Naissaar. The current tower was finished in 1960. The tower, built of reinforced concrete...
Pakri lighthouse
This lighthouse is situated on the north-western tip of the Pakri peninsula on a high slate bluff marking the water's edge of a very important shipping lane along the northern coast. A similar structure has stood here since the time of Swedish rule. A new slate lighthouse was ordered to be erected...